Are these big stakes?

Tom "durrrr" Dwan tweeted from Macua where he has been quietly playing big stakes live poker lately.

"Played a few more hands of 10k20k nl today... I was in nit mode tho- I was never the 20k straddle (luckily didn't have the choice lol)"

Those are the blinds, meaning a standard 100 blind buy-in would be $2 million and I assume they were deeper than that.

Thats big!

6 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

somnorosu
somnorosu Silver 1
3066d ago

they  win  a lot  of money from chineze comi=unists....

motriuc
motriuc Silver 1
3066d ago

anyway,my ideea is that money is not personal money,they are sponsorships,and in this case you play everything

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3066d ago

It is personal money...but obviously they want to take money from wealthy rich business men. As in most cases $2mil to thsoe guys is nothing and the poker pros it might be a good size of their bankroll but its easy money for the most part. Not sure how people could play that high in stakes but whatever floats their boats.

boleSt
boleSt Silver 2
3065d ago

Yea it seems a little extreme, but there are people who like poker and are rich, poker isn't fun if u don't care about the money u are playing, they don't play tourneys where first get for example 20k$ it is too mouch trouble for money they don't care about, 2mil$ on the other hand is something they probably care about :)

ICalledWithJunk

Agree with Smoke on that one... in these big games pros are mainly targeting buisnessman playing poker almost like it was a ''taxes deduction'' or something so they get some money ''easily'' if I should say instead of battling another pro player.

csofke
csofke Silver 1
3058d ago

they have a lot of money and they does not even feel when they loose 500k money....

PF_pitboss