Big games are running again in Vegas

Along with all the big tournaments at the Rio, all the big cash game players are in town as well.

This tweeted from Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin...

"Won the 2nd largest pot of my career playing 1k/2k PLO today."

"6-handed. I start with 275k. Patrik Antonius is button 2k straddle. Guy Laliberte who had been up 72 hours straight makes it 7k. He has like 600k."

"I make it 25k with 5678. Pat folds, 72h calls. 53k in pot. 234r he c/r my 38k. I go allin, he calls. I'm up against A23x. Run once for 550k."

4 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

ICalledWithJunk

Are they playing the cash games at the Rio to?

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3607d ago

Icalled this was a cash game ;) Impressive pot...PLO makes you stress more then NLH cause there's way more outs in all-in situations like this.

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
3603d ago

That's such a huge pot. If I won that, I'd run back to my 2/4 table and live off that win for the rest of the year!!! Yeah right in reality I'd probably try to use that 1/2 a mil to score an even bigger win.

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
3602d ago

I'm definitely disappointed about the events of Black Friday and the illegal nature of online poker in the US, but that being said, I'm a huge fan of live games and I'm happy to see huge cash games like this still going on. For me, half of the fun of poker is interacting with people, and you just can't get that playing online.

PF_pitboss