WSOP plans richest buy-in ever!

Can you imagine spending $1 million for a seat at a WSOP event? Well, a mix of billionaire businessmen and professional poker players have already said they will for a chance to win the first ever platinum bracelet. The WSOP plans to hold this event July 1, 2012 and will donate 11-percent of the prize pool to help provide clean water to citizens of Third World Countries. 

2 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
2376d ago

I don't think this event sends the right message in the current environment of poker in the U.S.

I like the idea of giving money to a worthy charity, but it's only 11%. The buy-in is absurd and it shows poor bankroll management from these top players.

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
2371d ago

I've read that since most of the people competing in this will be billionaire's that pro's would consider "dead money," pros are gunna pool there money to try to cash in and they're talking about getting financial backing from people for a percentage of their winnings i.e. if someone puts up 1/2 a million for the buy-in the player will give them 50% of their winnings. This is obviouslya frequent occurence, but with a buy-in this high it makes things all the more interesting.

axistilt23