Phil Hellmuth makes another final table

Hellmuth enters his third final table of the 2011 WSOP in fifth place at the $50,000 Poker Player's Championship. The final table is an impressive one with established champions like Chip Reese, Scotty Nguyen, David Bach, Michael Mizrachi and Freddy Deeb. Also sitting with this select group is POY points leader Ben Lamb. The final table will be aired live on ESPN 3, which can be found at espn.com.

6 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
2540d ago

That's awesome that it's gunna be aired live. Can you put the link on here so I can find it easier? All I see is Women's World Cup Soccer...

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
2540d ago

Yeah it's at http://espn.go.com/espn3/index it's on at 6 p.m. eastern time. It probably only showed soccer because it's still a while away, if that happens next time you check click the "upcoming" tab below the watch live screen and it will show you the events for the next few days. 

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
2540d ago

Pretty amazing that Hellmuth has had so much success this year in non Hold'em games. He's really doing well and playing safe and smart variety of games that he wasn't known to excel in previously. His wife has been sitting behind him for hour after hour giving him emotional support.

This would be a big win for him for validation in the poker world and a big win if he gets it and the POY award.

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
2539d ago

Did any of you guys watch this, I missed it.

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
2539d ago

Yeah axis, I watched it. It was pretty crazy and Phil came in second again. What does this guy have to do to get a win? He finished well ahead of Lamb, however, so I believe he's in first place for POY honors even though he's failed to capture that elusive 12th bracelet. 

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
2539d ago

You can actually still watch the replay online at espn.com check this link it should work for a while http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=215167&league=WSOP

zzbigstackzz