How do you guys feel about the November ?

I'm not a big fan of the November 9, it takes the whole dynamic of the tournament away and boild it down to a 9 handed table with varying chip stacks. You can't play your rushes, you have months to get off tilt and it just seems like an extremely unneccessary way to crown a world champion.

3 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
1132d ago

I agree. I think that the streaming 30 minute delayed live coverage this year on ESPN2 and ESPN3.com will be fine tuned and eventually replace the much delayed WSOP November 9 model we presently have. Fans and viewers don't want to wait months to watch a live game/sport.

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
1126d ago

As a fan I hate it. But if I were to ever make the final table, I don't know how I'd feel as a player. On the one hand, I'd want to keep playing because obviously to make the final table I'd have to absolutely be playing my "A+" game and wouldn't want to lose momentum. Also, I'd want to keep playing because I'm young and energetic and I feel like playing the next day would be more of an advantage for me than waiting months and giving older, less energetic players a time to rest up.

However, on the other hand, all the build up to November really gives these guys a chance to bask in the celebrity status and take advantage of numerous endorsement offers, commercial appearances and a number of other financial opportunities.

motriuc
motriuc Silver 1
1119d ago

it s about a lot a money first

axistilt23