Hemmuth to appear on A&E's hit series Storage Wars

A few months ago, Phil Hellmuth teased that he might appear on Dancing with the Stars, in an effort to keep visible and grow his mainstream appeal. That didn't happen but now comes word that Hellmuth will appear on Storage Wars next week.

From Hellmuth's twitter feed  -"I am appearing on an episode of the hit television show 'Storage Wars' next week. Should be fun!!"

Storage Wars is a reality television series on the A&E Network premiering in 2010. The show features auctioneer Dan Dotson, as well as auction hunters Dave Hester, Darrell Sheets, Barry Weiss, and Jarrod Schulz.

When rent is not paid on a storage locker for three months in California, the contents are sold by an auctioneer as a single lot of items. The show follows professional buyers who purchase the contents based only on a five-minute inspection and what they can see only from the door when it is opened.

The goal is to turn a profit on the merchandise. The show is A&E’s most watched nonfiction show - during its first season, the series averaged 2.8 million viewers per episode and peaked at 3.8 million.

3 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
1213d ago

I like Phil, but honestly I don't want to see or hear from him outside the context of poker. He's just not one of those characters that can transcend other entertainment outlets. I don't know maybe I'm wrong, I do think it will help people who dislike him see him in a different light though. Away from the table he'll be a lot less whiny and more likable.

boomee88
boomee88 Silver 1
1212d ago

Phil is a good facial.sure it will be interesting to show.

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
1212d ago

Helmuth has nothing to not be able to catch. The poker has achieved. Now, you can act. Then, as governor will be Schwajzenegger! :)))

PF_pitboss