Full-Tilt Rule changes for Heads-Up cash Games

Late last week, Full Tilt Poker made a surprise rule change that likely made many more customers happy than upset.  No longer will heads-up cash game players be allowed to sit and wait for competition at dozens of tables at once.  Now, the maximum number of tables players are allowed to wait at is four, and none of them can be at the same stakes and game type.  For instance, waiting for an opponent at a $10/$20 No-Limit Hold'em game and a $20/$40 No-Limit Hold'em game is permitted, but waiting at two $10/$20 No-Limit Hold'em games is not.  The rule change stems from customer complaints that the same handful of regular players would hog the open tables.  On the surface, this may not seem bad, but casual players often don't want to play against someone they know is a skilled veteran, but when the regulars are taking up every table, the choices become limited.   Once a game starts, a player who had previously maxed out his tables-in-waiting can sit down and wait at another table.

poker-news-digest-june-6-9-2009.asp

2 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4615d ago

I'm sure Ivey, Dwan, Antonious, Brodie, Hanson, and OMGclayaiken are very happy with this!

1 Comments »
Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/10/2009 8:10AM [ Reply ]

oops, forgot Hawrilenko!

ilovedapokerz

What I don't get is why they did this in the first place? There are a  lot of high rollers on FTPwho want to sit with these guys. I think it's a silly rule, They could have limited the time you can sit with no action or something like that, this is not going to do anything but make the high rollers go elsewhere.

southsidecan