Near Live Poker?

For the World Series of Poker Main Event final table coverage they will be showing...

A HISTORIC FIRST:  ESPN TO TELEVISE ENTIRE EVENT FROM START TO FINISH & SHOW EVERY SINGLE HAND -- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6th on ESPN2 AND TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8th on ESPN

ANOTHER FIRST:  LEGALIZED WAGERS BEING ACCEPTED FOR FIRST TIME AT CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT (LAS VEGAS) SPORTS BOOKS, INCLUDING RIO

Based on previous final tables, this is expected to be up to 18 hours of coverage.

As was done during the summer, hole cards will not be revealed to viewers until the hand has been completed.

What do you think?

3 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
2820d ago

I love it! Do you know if Norman Chad will still be announcing? Damn I really hate his commentary on the filmed event, but I feel like those hands are more conducive to his stupid comments. I remember when he actually used to provide insight into what was going on in the hand and why people might be playing certain ways now he sounds like this:

Chad-"He went to Coe College, known as the Thundering Herd. If I were him I'd fold, maybe I should have done that in my third marriage!"

McEachern- (Awkward, forced laugh.)

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
2818d ago

I think it's so realistic! Today, the era of mobile phones is possible. Somebody must write an sms, what is the másiknálés it is already cheating. Are you already did it... Good sliding the live broadcast.

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
2813d ago

I like the idea alot but I don't know how the general viewership will like it. I can't imagine most casual fans enjoying live coverage. It's more fun, though less realistic, when they edit the coverage and only show you big pots, crazy suck outs, wild bluffs, etc..

PF_pitboss