James Bord Eats Words and has to Pay Up

Before the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event, Bord famously doubted an American could win it and as one of the owners of Matchbook.com even put his money where his mouth was covering any losing bets for those that bet on Europeans.

“World Series of Poker Europe is special to Europeans, maybe the same way that the WSOP in Las Vegas is special to Americans. We’d like to build this event into what we all know it can be because poker’s massive in Europe.”

After American Elio Fox won the event and nearly $2 million first place prize, Bord and matchbook.com now owe a lot of money to players who wagered on their site. 

Bord seemd to take it with good humor, tweeting...

“Looking for new employment @BenbaLamb can I be the waterboy for you’re Nov9 final table!”

“Congrats @Smokrokflock Please don’t visit Matchbook head office anytime soon :)

3 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
1123d ago

That's pretty cool that he had fun with it, but pretty stupid to think that an American didn't have a chance. I get it that poker has blown up and people all over the world are playing. The gap is closing rapidly, but the US is still the top dog!

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
1122d ago

I like that tweet to Ben Lamb. That would be sweet if they allowed November 9ers to have their own assistants.

1 Comments »
Posted by axistilt23 on 10/27/2011 10:19AM [ Reply ]

Yeah but then you'd have all this controversy about the assistant helping the player or advising him when to fold and stuff.

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
1122d ago

lol I was just kidding, dude.

PF_pitboss