PokerForum.net only accepts English language posts!

Sorry for any confusion, by the option to allow other languages when you make a post.  That was meant as a future oriented feature when the forum grew, but PokerForum.net is presently an English ONLY forum for poker posts and replies.  All other languages will be deleted, as confusing to our audience.  

We encourage non English speaking posters to utilize http://translate.google.com/#

That way they can contribute on the forums.

Thanks for your understanding.

12 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

badbank79
badbank79 Silver 1
2587d ago

non hablo inglese

Sources

• non hablo inglese
1 Comments »
Posted by ExOnlinePro on 08/29/2010 7:07AM [ Reply ]

orly?

default Bronze 3
2587d ago

What are the reasons for this decision?

Everyone has the right to communicate in their language (as in pokerinside). Online Translator can not translate many nuances.
This creates an inconvenience for those who do not know English. Accordingly, they will visit this forum often.

However, this is your business. I must obey your rules.

2 Comments »
Posted by zolika38 on 08/26/2010 7:18PM [ Reply ]

In almost all European countries English is tought in schools. By the age of 18 (when someone can play poker) everyone should know a bit of English. I'm not an English player but I think if every language should be allowed the forum would be like Babylon.

Posted by default on 08/27/2010 3:37AM [ Reply ]

Why not become a forum pokerinside Babylon? What about 2x2? Ok, no problem with the ban language. It is unprincipled, but wrongly, I think. This seems an unnecessary step, but I obey.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
2587d ago

As a newer forum (only relaunched a month or so ago) it is necessary to keep it as simple as possible.  With growth we will happily add specific language forum sections to encourage non English speakers to participate.  In the format we have presently, all posts are lumped in one big viewable forum, so seeing Russian, Hungarian, and Italian posts right next to English ones is jarring for new members.  The forum isn't encouraging to the predominate online poker language, English, if it's all mixed up like that.  I agree that there are limitations to the google translate option, but I hope you can respect that we are trying to build regular traffic at PokerForum.net first, then we will broaden our language offerings to cater to other languages.

pomppoker
pomppoker Silver 1
2587d ago

All table chat is English only also.

Keep seeing references to pokerinside. For transparency reasons if there is a connection it should be made public.

1 Comments »
Posted by default on 08/27/2010 3:24AM [ Reply ]

"All table chat is English only also.! This is not a very good example. In the poker room I have to play poker, but do not write in the chat. Therefore, a ban on all languages other than English is absolutely justified. Everything is subject to security and fair game. At the forum people talking, and nothing more. If it is difficult to communicate in one forum, they will go to another, and this will be removed from the browser bookmarks.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
2587d ago

PokerInside owns PokerForum.net.  That isn't hidden.  An email was sent out last night to PokerInside members welcoming them to check out PokerForum.net in it's relaunched form.  So naturally a number of them are checking out the site today.

1 Comments »
Posted by pomppoker on 08/26/2010 4:23PM [ Reply ]

Isnt hidden? I joined betmost from here then got an email from poker inside. Where does it tell me that my info will be used by a third party??

rellum10
rellum10 Bronze 1
2586d ago

it is a very good thing,allmoust everybody speaks english.

if everione starts posting in theyr own language i would not be able to read enything

sdzorik
sdzorik Silver 1
2585d ago

hahahha Tongue out

organize a freeroll with prizes

1 pl - Personal interpreter

2 pl - Course of English

3 pl - "ABC"

1 Comments »
Posted by ExOnlinePro on 08/29/2010 7:09AM [ Reply ]

Haha

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
2566d ago

This is very sorry. I only know a little English. It would be better to write in Hungarian.

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
2566d ago

I just do not understand why it is possible in other languages too?!

1 Comments »
Posted by TedHeris on 09/16/2010 1:02PM [ Reply ]

When you register you in many languages.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
2566d ago

I'm sorry that I had to delete your posts, but as stated before our forum only accepts English language posts.  We are trying to grow the forum by encouraging lots of posters, but seeing many languages posted is discouraging to English speakers.  It's confusing to them. 

Please use:

http://translate.google.com/#hu|en|

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
2454d ago

I'm sorry, English only to be ....

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
2433d ago

Slowly coming into the English language! yeeeeeeee

PF_pitboss