Are their too many poker networks and skins?

After hearing lots about poker rooms having broke rules, closed, change rules in the blind of an eye...Do you think that there should be a limited number of poker networks? or skins per network? That way they can be better managed and inforced. Nowadays, it seems like anyone can set-up a skin and try and make it run. I have noticed this on iPoker when they merged a few years ago...not they have a ton of skins. Personally I think it would be better if they limited it to say 5-10 skins MAX!!!!!!!!!!! Then those who wanted to promote had to set-up affiliates.

Which brings me to another point. Skins should need to rake a minimum amount to be able to be considered a skin. I mean a skin raking under $50,000 or even $100,000 a month isn't big enough to deserve a skin...and it would help from having tons of small skins and issues that come along with it. Same for affiliates I mean they should only allow affiliates that rake say MIN $2,000 a month or higher be able to earn from affiliates. That way affiliate and their deals and promotion can stay legit and we would have a lot less issues with illegal deals, rooms having issues, affiliates being fined/close, rooms being fined closed or shutting down, etc..

Do you agree that its to easy to get into the business aspect of online poker now and its hurt the industry? Cause personally I'm tired of skins and affiliates with a couple of players raking very small numbers and basically being allowed to do illegal stuff with no regulations and the ability to close with no monitoring which seems to be the case in an earlier post about Luck3. Which I had never heard of before reading that post :(

7 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

nailedanother1

I agree that it is somewhat easy to get involved in the poker industry but i don't think all the skins have hurt the game at all.  I think that with multiple skins you get lots more deals out there.  It makes new poker players come to the arena.  So i think that based on that it has been good for the game.  Do i think there should be less to have it more regulated and hopefully legal in the US again yes! 

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3882d ago

It's a difficult question to answer.  The whole purpose of a network is to encourage numerous skins to market to different segments, whether by geography or demographic, pooling their resources and players for a shared playing environment.  For every room that fails, there are a dozen that don't or do their business honorably.  I think there could be some requirements put in that forces some reserves in place so if the business fails, the players get paid back their money.  I'm not sure how it would work, but sort of like banks have reserves to cover withdrawals and a certain % of funds.

I do believe that the smaller sites and networks will continue to struggle if they don't innovate or micro market better.  Consolidation in the poker industry for the small and medium poker rooms would be a positive thing. 

cplbear16
cplbear16 Silver 1
3881d ago

i think more skins means more players so bigger tournaments and  bigger payouts so more skins the better

Last updated: 09/02/2010 9:15PM
hanspandersen

I just love that there are so many different skins. I-poker is the best, since almost every single skin has their own free-money offers at a affiliate site. I've got more than 300$ for free at different i-poker skins.

badbank79
badbank79 Silver 1
3869d ago

I definetly would like to see more regulated environment for poker.

Mainly about payouts,  it is incredibly annoything that some rooms take 2 days to pay out winnings.

Also they should make it very clear for users in advance that if there account is idle for a while they will start taking money off your account.

And after recent scandals with UB, AP and Pitbull poker I think most people agree.

I guess one of the main reasons that Everest, FT and PS are so big are there fast payout and no bullshit policy.

badbank79
badbank79 Silver 1
3869d ago

I definetly would like to see more regulated environment for poker.

Mainly about payouts,  it is incredibly annoything that some rooms take 2 days to pay out winnings.

Also they should make it very clear for users in advance that if there account is idle for a while they will start taking money off your account.

And after recent scandals with UB, AP and Pitbull poker I think most people agree.

I guess one of the main reasons that Everest, FT and PS are so big are there fast payout and no bullshit policy.

DocFabio
DocFabio Bronze 1
3869d ago

More skins = more promotions

Nice! More skins is better!

SmokeDaAces