Mizrachi lawsuit

Michael Mizrachi is apparently facing lawsuit for breach of contract with Deliverance Poker.  The alleged breach of contract took place during the 2010 WSOP Main Event when 'the Grinder' signed a deal with Tiltware.

7 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
1467d ago

I read the same thing.  Apparently they paid him $150k to wear their gear and promote them, plus some small % of their shares.  Obviously after his big 2010 WSOP he got a better deal with Full Tilt, but still kind of shady to not negotiate a proper exit from the previous contract, especially when they took a risk on him when he was down.

1 Comments »
Posted by sfnwht on 09/10/2010 3:53PM [ Reply ]

I read he got all of that plus all of tournament expenses covered. I also gather that there could be other problems as the Deliverance has a dot com and not a dot net. Not sure if it has to do allowing Americans or what.

nailedanother1

That is real shady.  It like the guys that already have contracts and then hold out for a better one. You have to take care of the people who made you.  I hope he gets sued!  

stewzom
stewzom Silver 2
1464d ago

agree with nailed.looks like another person who gets the big bucks then forgets the people who got them there

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
1464d ago

Man that is bad! I'm sure if he was in a contract he will get in lots of trouble....which he should. In regards to .com you can't promote that in North America cause its REAL MONEY...you have to promote the .net aspect cause that is for play money..then people can convert to real money from there.

Man tell them to give me $150,000 and expenses paid for tournaments to promote them...I'd do it in a heart beat :-P

sfnwht
sfnwht Silver 3
1464d ago

I gather that he did represent them for something like 20 or so tournaments in the last year since signing with them, so he isn't totally shady.  However if they were paying his expenses at the 2010 WSOP he is definitely in violation.

ICalledWithJunk

Hate this Mizrachi guy I hope he get sued for real. This guy is supposed to make money and he can't he ask some lawyers if he will get in trouble or not by taking such decision ... again Mizrachi is a bonehead

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
1437d ago

To provide closure to this thread, I just heard that Deliverance has dismissed it's claims against Tiltware LLC, owners of Full Tilt surrounding its recruitment of Michael Mizrachi.

In breaking news from the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, Deliverance Poker has dismissed its claims against Tiltware LLC, the owners of Full Tilt Poker. The case centers on Michael “The Grinder” Mizrachi, a member of the 2010 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event November Nine, jumping ship from Deliverance Poker to Full Tilt in the middle of the $10,000 buy-in tournament.

sfnwht