Isildur1 joins PokerStars and moves to London?

I saw a rumor that Viktor Blom, the likely Isildur1, is moving to London as part of his deal to join a major site while receiving favorable tax treatment for his winnings.  According to Ratsit.com, Blom has been removed from the official Swedish residents list and was trying to sell his million dollar penthouse in Goteborg.

8 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_Simon
PF_Simon Gold 3
3295d ago

Like take quite some time I presume to sell that big penthouse... selling stuff is trendy recently, Rousseau and her lambo, then the guy with his bracelet

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3295d ago

Do you know anything about the deal he closed with a poker room? One good thing about selling his penthouse is that its in Goteborg which is a pretty populated city so it shouldn't be too too hard to sell. Compared to if he had an expensive place in a less populated and wealthy area.

Would be great to see this guy grind the pros again. But he needs to stick to NLH.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3294d ago

Wow, the news out this morning is Isildur1 has signed with PokerStars. 

I wouldn't have thought that the best fit with the bigger cash games going on at Full Tilt or some more Euro focused site, but apparently they made him the best offer.

http://www.pokerstars.com/team-pokerstars/isildur1/

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3294d ago

Phil Galfond just tweeted "Gonna play a bunch of 25/50 tables vs. the newly signed, Isildur1. Congrats to him on the Stars deal. Should be a fun match."

PF_Mark
PF_Mark Bronze 3
3294d ago

Well PokerStars is the biggest poker network and he's not playing nosebleeds anymore so I'm sure it will work out good for him. Hopefully if he makes another sick run again he doesn't lose it all again.

sfnwht
sfnwht Silver 3
3294d ago

Wow, is about all I have to say.  Can't wait for December 19 and the first ' SuperStar Showdown'.  Not to mention the new layout so you can see all the action on all 4 tables at once.  Including the +/- of each table and the overall lead.  These 'showdowns' are open to anyone with the roll, plus apparently there will be some 1/10 action mini showdowns.  Min for the SuperStar Showdown is 50/100 over 4 tables and 2500 hands, winner keeps all profits + something like 300 bb ($30000).

ICalledWithJunk

Sounds cool sfnwhat I will defintely take a look at that. Should be action packed hopefully!

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3264d ago

After many months of speculation and one of the worst kept secrets in the poker industry, it was officially confirmed today that Isildur1 is in fact Viktor Blom.

PokerStars had announced that Isildur1's identity would be revealed at the 2011 PCA and his first official live sponsored tournament would be the $100k buy-in Super High Roller event. And yet at the start of play, there was no Swedish player entered in the event. Showing up a couple hours late and taking the seat of the first busted out player was none other than 20 year old swede Viktor Blom. He was seated with Daniel Negreanu, Sorel Mizzi, Ashton Griffin, and two of the early chip leaders Nick Schulman and Vivek Rajkumar.

PokerStars is choosing to withhold the official announcement for a Saturday night promotional event they have planned, but any charade that Isildur1 wasn't Viktor Blom is over.

Viktor "Isildur1" Blom is current 1-1 in his 2,500 hand Superstar Showdowns with Tony G requesting a rematch and David "Viffer" Peat indicating his interest in playing a live version of the heads up match.

PF_pitboss