Brunson and Ivey moving from Vegas?

Last week, Doyle Brunson had indicated his interest in moving to California because the big games in Vegas weren't running regularly.  He said he was ready for a change if things didn't pick up in Las Vegas were games used to run 4 to 5 nights a week, but nowadays usually only run when tournaments or big events are in town.

Phil Ivey added to the exodus talk when he said "Once Chip Reese died it was pretty much over," he said. "He was pretty much the backbone of the high-stakes games and now, there's really no big game (in Las Vegas) anymore, except for during the World Series or when a tournament is in town or something like that."

He continued "I do love California, so if they start playing big out there, that's where I'll be. "Wherever it's at is where I'll be," he laughed. "I guess there's always going to be a time for change, and I don't know what lies ahead in the future. We'll have to see."

4 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3185d ago

WHy not jsut play online...then you don't have to move anywhere besides around your house ;) You can play really high stakes 24/7.

boleSt
boleSt Silver 2
3185d ago

Cause brunson isn't a good player online, it is a very big difference between live and online game, i prefer live

ICalledWithJunk

Brunson is old school pretty sure he still uses his reputation to win some pots here and there live =)

boleSt
boleSt Silver 2
3177d ago

For sure, he is a pretty good bluffer!

PF_pitboss