40 rebuys in a live tournament?

I read a tweet from a reporter today that there was someone who played in the $100 LA Poker Classic rebuy tournament who invested $4,000 into the tournament.  That is 39 rebuys/40 BI's.  That's an action player for sure...

9 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_Simon
PF_Simon Gold 3
3872d ago

Thats a bit insane... if he doesn't win it I doubt he will make much I guess, its quite an investment.

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3872d ago

That's insane! Don't rebuy tournaments only allow rebuys the first hour or two usually? if so 40 rebuys in that short a time frame is insane. Secondly his odds of covering his expenses are extremely low unless he goes EXTREMELY deep. Bad investment and bankroll management.

boleSt
boleSt Silver 2
3871d ago

investment?! it is stupid clearly it wasn't his night

motriuc
motriuc Silver 1
3871d ago

ok,live tourney,but i have a frienf who mada  55 rebuy on a online tourney,he didnt place on paid places

boleSt
boleSt Silver 2
3870d ago

hahahahaa...55!? and not to make in the money, that must be hard

vlady002
vlady002 Silver 3
3870d ago

:)):)) what a monron , how to make 55 re-buy and he didn't win any $ back ? . . . . i play some tournaments with rebuy into betmost ( 5.500 $  , where the buy-in was 5.5 $ ) i make  3 re-buy and finish into 168 :( , before to push all in i was into 70 th place , were in money .but i get AK was in late position and push all in ! i was call by 9 9 .nothing come :(

szakiz
szakiz Silver 1
3870d ago

Maybe that tourney had a "rebuy race" opened on it :D :D

somnorosu
somnorosu Silver 1
3870d ago

that is a stupid ideea...i think it was a bad player for sure

Noxwin
Noxwin Bronze 2
3870d ago

Yes szakiz:D rebuy race:D The player is completely idiot...:D