April's best poker players

I just read an article online that had April's Power Rankings for poker. I'm not sure if it is based strictly on No Limit Hold 'Em or if it's based on the ability to play all games. Any way, the rankings looked like this:

1. Erik Seidel- Doyle Brunson was asked if he knew of any long time poker pro that never went broke and he said Seidel was the only one he could think of. Seidel has won$4.5 million in 2011.

2. Phil Ivey- Enough said...

3. Jason Mercier

4. Vanessa Selbst- Destined to pass Kathy Liebert as the top female money winner of all time.

5. Daniel Negreanu

6. Tom Dwan

7. Eugene Katchalov

8. Tom Marchese

9. Vivek Rajkumar

10. Daniel Cates

So what do you guys think? What changes would you make on this list? 

9 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3785d ago

I think Eugene Katchalov should be ranked higher. He came in second at the NAPT Mohegan High Roller Bounty Shootout and has won $1,757,920 in tournament winnings this year. I'm also interested to see how these rankings will change post Black Friday. Guys like Dwan and Marchese may drop in May's rankings.

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3785d ago

I'm really curious to see what affect black Friday will have on all these players too as most if not all of them were playing on FTP, PS or UB/AP...so now that those are basically nothing what they use to be or in huge financial trouble...what will the high level pros end up doing? If they live in the states they're basically stuck to either relocating or playing live.

Even for the nosebleed stakes players that aren't American....where are they going to end up moving too...as other online poker rooms don't seem to carry the traffic or nosebleed stakes that PS and FTP did. Obviously this will take time to grow on other networks and sites and high stakes don't just pop up out of the blue unless the players unite and move to another network and they network sets up the stakes for them.

szabby69
szabby69 Silver 2
3785d ago

Phil is the best.

szabby69
szabby69 Silver 2
3785d ago

for me :)!

pomppoker
pomppoker Silver 1
3785d ago

What criteria is used to gain the rankings?

Is it top money winners?

1 Comments »
Posted by axistilt23 on 05/17/2011 12:37PM [ Reply ]

I believe it's based on money won during the month, with a little weight placed on how they've been running over the past few months.

atula7
atula7 Silver 1
3785d ago

Phil just second :(

1 Comments »
Posted by TedHeris on 05/14/2011 12:03PM [ Reply ]

Phil = Nb1

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
3783d ago

Erik Seidel's who?

TedHeris
TedHeris Silver 3
3783d ago

Phil the Nb 1!!!!!!

ICalledWithJunk

is it just me or Jason Mercier is smoking hot lately .. its seems like since mid next year he's cruising along... maybe not the flashiest player but he always seems to be in the money all the time.

77timmy1986