What is happening with FTP?

It's been a month and they keep stalling with returning U.S. player balances. Big FTP owning pros like Howard Lederer, Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan and Chris Ferguson didn't play the WPT $25k this weekend. And now comes word that Ferguson and Lederer are resigning from their board seats on the Poker Players Alliance that is supposed to lead lobbying for all US poker players.

10 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
3723d ago

I wonder how much money those guys had in their accounts. That seems kind of ridiculous that they haven't got their money back yet. 

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3723d ago

I wonder if the big players have been approached by the US government in either a good or bad way. Maybe? Good way meaning the US government wants to open up their own network and have the pros run it? Or bad way in which the government is going after all the money they've made with online poker and trying to tax it.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3723d ago

The latest news out is Lederer is selling his massive house in Vegas for around $5 million. Not a good sign.

szabby69
szabby69 Silver 2
3722d ago

i dont no!

motriuc
motriuc Silver 1
3722d ago

and ivey sell a house about a year ago...its to posibility: poker online die(and every palyer get his money with a-  % like fee) or pokeronline remainning

the same but with some fee

ICalledWithJunk

Its sure not a good sign... but I doubt these guys will get in trouble worst case scenario they will, if not already, lose their big endorsement by Full Tilt Poker and thats it. What's happen with pros at PokerStars, isn't the same ''rules'' for them?

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3722d ago

I heard a Tony G interview where he says that FTP team pros may liquidate assets to ensure that players get their funds back.  Maybe the Lederer home sale is something along those lines.  Who knows at this point because FTP has been so poor in communicating with players.

mothersquatch

I have a feeling that what might be going on here is the exodus of pro's from the US. They're pulling a John Galt  & moving off-shore in the same way the Rock Bands in the 60's did in the UK. When taxes & legislative restrictions made making money & living the way they want to next to impossible. They can set-up in the Bahamas or Macao & come back to play events in the US as they see fit. 

As the Beatles sung....

Or as Pappy would say..."you can only get soo much milk from the cow with cold hands, then she'll boot the pale & run!" The govt has pretty cold hands!

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3721d ago

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the US players that relied on Poker for an income to pack up and move elsewhere so that they can play. Maybe this is part of the reason for the selling of his house?

atula7
atula7 Silver 1
3721d ago

very interesting :)

PF_pitboss