Cheater allowed to play at $25k WPT Championship!

Ali Tekintamgac, the German who was thrown out of the Partouche Poker Tour's final table for suspected cheating, was allowed to play the $25k WPT championships at the Bellagio this weekend. He has been accused on multiple occasions of using blogger/reporters who relay him information about his opponent's hands.

Daniel Negreanu and Scott Siever spoke up at the tournament

“Ali Tekimtamgac who was caught cheating in Partouche is in #WPTChamp I called him out, and floor told ME I can’t do that! When will we learn”

“Bellagio/WPT should absolutely not allow this person in the event. He was caught red handed cheating and should be banned. This is absurd.”

“The cheater just threatened Scott Siever the floor was alerted and won’t do anything about it. Physical threat, he should call the cops.”

Here is a video of the last hand of the WPT Barcelona event he was first accused, and it has happened on several occasions since, so much so that the WSOP has put in tougher rules to prevent it from happening at the 2011 WSOP.

9 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3723d ago

I didn't catch anything wrong with that hand, but as a player why would you expose your cards like that when someone is standing right behind you? It's not that hard to keep your hole cards hidden.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3723d ago

The supposed reporter is standing right behind the guy, with his zoom lens camera pointed right at his hole cards, something no reporter should do. Then he signals Tekintamgac subtley and Tekintamgac calls the all in with Q,5, which no one would do against random hand unless he was signaled as to the opponent had a worse hand. They've done it at other tournaments too. Pretty obvious if you look hard enough.

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3723d ago

Yeah that's what I figured, I didn't really see the signalling though. The Q 5 call was definitely a weird play. All I know is that if you tried that kind of crap where I'm from you're probably gunna catch a beat down. I'm not advocating violence, it's just a fact.

ICalledWithJunk

Wow, I checked it twice and its obvious.. the guy with the camera is literally pointing at the cards, then do a move or something... Tekin check his cellphone.. and calls. Heheh wow unreal they let this guy still play... he's an cheater and even if he's not who cares about this no name? Just ban him and thats all... I mean its obvious.. and some says he was caught doing the same thing on other occasion. Pathetic

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3723d ago

Hmm, there's definately something really fishy with this play. Who insta calls with a hand that is worse then any two random cards? Why do they let the press so close to the players though? That's automatically asking for cheating to occur. but you can definately see some eye contact and the guy fidget with his hand when the guy pushes.

mothersquatch

all I can say is a line from one of my favourite movies...

Ali Tekintamgac, is nothin' but a low-down, double-dealin', back-stabbin', larcenous perverted WORM!! Hanging's too good for him! Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little-bitty pieces and buried alive! ~ Hanover Fiste

The "pros" should boycott or refuse to sit @the tables with him if organizers do not suspend him from events! Now does anyone wonder why the US congress doesn't seem to be in a rush to allow online poker?

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3722d ago

Some comforting news just in....Doyle Brunson busted him in 36th, outside the money bubble, so at least he didn't cash. (27 pay at WPT championship) Go Doyle!

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3722d ago

Are they at lest putting in restirctions that will help stop his cheating ways?

ICalledWithJunk

Im glad Doyle busted this prick... but like Smoke said why are they allowing the press to be so close, its stupid in my opinion.

PF_pitboss