First ever father/son combo to reach WSOP Main Event Final Tables!

While watching the WSOP live online I found myself rooting for Eoghan O'Dea because of the Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr. effect. O'Dea's father has made two, that's right TWO, Main Event Final Tables and now his son will enter the November 9 with the second most chips in play. Hellmuth thought highly of his play leading up to the final table and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes all the way (although Lamb is gunna be tough). That is just so cool to see a father/son duo both make Main Event Final Tables. I wonder what kind of invaliable advice he can get from the old man before November?

5 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3611d ago

I really thought that was an interesting story line as well. I loved the live coverage, and the analysis from Phil and Antonio, but the emotional excitement from the players was pretty dry. I still loved watching the superb play (for the most part), but it was nice to have a little human interest aspect to make the play even more exciting. 

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3611d ago

I'm always amazed at these under the radar players who are quite good who finally get a chance to emerge. That or they are just on a serious heater and we'll never see them again. Hard to know.

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3611d ago

O'Dea is actually well established, especially considering how under the radar he is. He has already won over $250,000 for a single tournament...twice

vlady002
vlady002 Silver 3
3610d ago

" He has already won over $250,000 for a single tournament...twice "

he is on the right track ! over some time we  will hear spectacular things about jr. :) ! after a few years surely he will be in top with his earnings , Of course if he goes well

zzbigstackzz
zzbigstackzz Silver 2
3610d ago

Yeah he's still young and after this final table, depending on where he finishes, he will have career earnings of over $2 million in just three tournaments.

zzbigstackzz