Hey Jeff

What,s it like to play high limit tables ?? is there as many donk plays? do players still call with hands like 7 2 off.and beat your AA....Cry......What,s the highest limit you,ve played..and have you sat with any of the BIG names?Smile

44 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4618d ago

I have to admit it was pretty fun when I had the br to sustain the bad beats and what not. I haven't played high limits since last Sept, for those of you who doubt me, there are a few members on here and a few on the other forum that have ghosted me for a long time. I have played 100-200 limit on betmost, usually I would play 30-60 or 50-100 .

The highest I have ever had my br was over 35k on a regular basis, if i got it up to 40-45k I would always  cash it out immediatly, again for those of you who doubt me there are members here that will claim the validity of my statements.

The play is still pretty much the same with the high rollers, it's just different moves they make, you can bluff and steal a lot more, you really have to watch the cards they're playing. And yes my Ace of heartsAce of clubs has been cracked a lot by suited connectors and flush drawsCry, it's part of the game and you have to accept it.

I've played with Seif, Mizerachi, Quiet Lion(Richard Brodie), on Absolute and Full Tilt, all really classy guys and pretty good players.

I may once again step up to those limits but am currently trying the Ferguson tactic of totally building my br from $25 to 10k, it's a lot less stressfull, and easier on my wallet!Smile Remeber when you're having a bad day at the high limits, it can cost you 10k or so easily a day.

1 Comments »
Posted by george59 on 06/06/2009 1:33PM [ Reply ]

WOW

george59
george59 Gold 1
4618d ago

How many tables do you play at a time ????

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4618d ago

I usually only played 1 at a time at those limits you have to really focus. I played 1 HU amd 1 6 player table at a time as well, when my br permitted.

george59
george59 Gold 1
4618d ago

Still got the POP ROCKS.advert?????if you have ...stick it somewhere on the forum..it,s awesome Laughing

3 Comments »
Posted by george59 on 06/07/2009 12:48PM [ Reply ]

it,s in the mail...lol

Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/08/2009 2:36AM [ Reply ]

sorry m8 too racy for here

Posted by george59 on 06/08/2009 11:45AM [ Reply ]

lol.true

jackbliss
jackbliss Silver 1
4617d ago

Wow, did you seriously used to play for that kind of money? Why did you stop?

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4617d ago

Yes, indeed I did. I was "in the zone" for a few years for sure. I stopped because I was an emotional roller coaster, it's very stressfull when you're having to sustain the swings. When you're not the best player at the table anymore it's time to move down, it took me a long time to realize that.

george59
george59 Gold 1
4616d ago

Tell us about the session when you lost 24K ..........then won 35KSmile

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4616d ago

That my friend is one of the reasons why I stopped playing the big games. I was playing one of my nemesis at the time, I won't print his screen name here but he's a BIG whale, seems like he has a never ending br. It was 4 HU sessions in the day at 50-100 HU he likes to cap with any Ace of hearts orKing of hearts and was rivering or out kicking me with them for about n hr, after a 10k loss I was reeling and decided to stop.

I returned to the table about an hr later and he was just finishing up with another guy who min-loaded and got crushed, I loaded another 10k and the same thing happened no matter what I re-raised him with he's cap and hit cap and hit and cap and hit the worst was an Ace of hearts Queen of spades  flopped broadway and lost 4k to a  runner runner Six of heartsSix of clubsSix of diamondsSix of spadespoof another 10k gone! UNREAL! 20k gone in less than 3 hrs!

I took a break again and decided to sit with my last 4k on the site with the same results, seriously I was reeling I couldn't believe the run this guy hit against me!

At the time moneybookers was still an option I had about 7500 left and loaded it, I told him "You'll never ever beat me that bad again" and he didn't I hit everything he raised and in about 2 hrs I was back up to 35k, quickly withdrew 10 of it and stopped for the day. I never played him again for about 3 weeks it was scary.

What I learned from it is I should have stopped at about 5k loss, I still would have had a losing session but not to the extreme that it was. I still have that problem, I start losing to a player HU to ridiculous beats and I can't stop the emotion, the frusturation, the anger, I need to learn to walk away from the tables when that's happening.

No regrets though, I had a fantastic run, had a lot of fun in my personal life, and bought a lot of cool stuff, I just decided that enough was enough.

Last updated: 06/08/2009 7:11PM
2 Comments »
Posted by george59 on 06/09/2009 12:52PM [ Reply ]

WOW...talk about NERVES OF STEEL

Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/09/2009 4:02PM [ Reply ]

Not nerves george, just what your br can sustain

george59
george59 Gold 1
4615d ago

How many hours do you normally play in a session?Smile..........and what,s the most you.ve done???Smile

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4615d ago

I usually play 1-3 hrs a day now if my time allots it, only for fun now though, the closest I have come to my goal is from $15 to $200 lately , I then went to a 3-6 table and got pummelled( serious BR infraction!) and I payed for it.Foot in mouth I was busted out. Now just waiting a rb payment. The longest session I have ever done  is about 18 hrs but not at the large stakes, only at 2-3, 5-10 tables with a 6k br. There were some swings but nothing major at all. I was up abut $700 when it was all said and done.

george59
george59 Gold 1
4615d ago

How many sites are you playing on???Smile

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4615d ago

I used to play on 3 mainly, betmost, full tilt and absolute, I was appalled at the cheating going on at absolute so I pulled out all my funds, now just mainly at betmost, usually HU @ 25-50 or 50-1 limit, until I get on a nice run again , that's where I'm going to stay!

brianfromCanada

I've seen Jeff in action at 30-60 limit HU, unreal reads and moves! When he says you're gonna go busto now, he means it! You should be a coach Jeff!

1 Comments »
Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/09/2009 4:03PM [ Reply ]

I've been thinking about it :)

ricky_roman
ricky_roman Bronze 1
4615d ago

I watched Jeff as well when he was playing the big games last year, some days his reads were amazing!

2 Comments »
Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/09/2009 4:03PM [ Reply ]

aww shucks!

Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/09/2009 9:30PM [ Reply ]

I wish they were good right now I'm getting pummeled!!

johan_sweden
johan_sweden Bronze 3
4615d ago

Jeff do you coach yet? I could use some pointers on HU play if you have the time!

1 Comments »
Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/10/2009 11:37AM [ Reply ]

E-mail me through support here and we'll talk. :)

george59
george59 Gold 1
4614d ago

How did you start playing poker......and do you play anyother card games?   Smile

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4610d ago

I pretty much only play FLHE HU or PLOH 6 seats they're both fun for me at the moment. I have tried almost every variation of card games on the sites I play at but enjoy FLHE HU the most.

george59
george59 Gold 1
4596d ago

Is there one hand /game you remember more than others? Smile

george59
george59 Gold 1
4596d ago

How big was the biggest pot you,v been involved in? Smile

george59
george59 Gold 1
4596d ago

Haven,t seen you in the P I freerolls on betmost on Sundays for a while..have you gave up on them?  Smile

george59
george59 Gold 1
4596d ago

Why don,t you open an ASK JEFF section, then we can ask you how to actually win on the tables for a change ?  Wink

PF_Jeff
PF_Jeff Gold 1
4595d ago

LOL no I don't remeber any particular hand, I've taken and given every bad beat imaginable.

I haven't gave up on the free rolls @ betmost, I have been super busy with my job and have been working crazy hours.

I'm not the guy you want to ask but we are working on getting an online pro to come in once and a while to help all of us out. I am willing to help with an opinion when I can thoughCool.

The largest pot I have ever won online was around 21k with Ace of heartsAce of clubsAce of diamonds..vsThree of heartsThree of clubsThree of diamonds..vsKing of heartsKing of clubsKing of diamonds on a 6 seat 50-100 FLHE table.. capped all the way.

2 Comments »
Posted by george59 on 06/29/2009 6:08PM [ Reply ]

21K............you must have been having a heart attack on the river...........lol

Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/30/2009 11:44AM [ Reply ]

I was digging the euros capping everything all the way for sure! :)

southsidecan
southsidecan Gold 2
4595d ago

Is this the george and jeff Show , wow pretty good

4 Comments »
Posted by mothersquatch on 06/29/2009 11:26PM [ Reply ]

NP, SS I'll tag up with ya, you be the speed, I'll be the power!!! We'll be the champs in no time!!!! (lol)

Posted by PF_Jeff on 06/30/2009 11:44AM [ Reply ]

LOL bring it on!

Posted by southsidecan on 07/06/2009 7:47PM [ Reply ]

MS is this what we call 2 on 2 ???

Posted by southsidecan on 07/06/2009 7:49PM [ Reply ]

guess its a tag team LOL

johan_sweden
johan_sweden Bronze 3
4592d ago

Jeff what is the most you've ever lost in one hand?

3 Comments »
Posted by PF_Jeff on 07/06/2009 11:30AM [ Reply ]

lots.. about 8k i guess

Posted by george59 on 07/06/2009 11:51AM [ Reply ]

OUCH...........HEART BREAKING LOSS

Posted by PF_Jeff on 07/07/2009 12:46PM [ Reply ]

well it's just like when you lose $25-30 in smaller limits, yeah it hurts, but it happens.

george59
george59 Gold 1
4585d ago

Do you have a favorite hand......pair/combo.. you love to play    Laughing

Go to page:
george59