Negreanu Rips Annie Duke Again

When asked about his opinion of Annie Duke being nominated to the 2011 Poker Hall of Fame, Daniel Negreanu couldn't resist ripping her in their long standing feud.

“For what? Robbing people at UB? Owing Russ Hamilton money and never paying him back? For stealing money from people at the poker table?

“For representing poker in the worst light imaginable when she was on Celebrity Apprentice? For all those things then yes,” Negreanu told PokerListings.com at the 2011 World Series of Poker Europe in Cannes.  

“If you took out the “F” and added an “Sh” in the word fame then yes, I think she should be inducted,” he added.

“Along with her brother, the Lederer family would be the king and queen of the poker Hall of Shame," Negreanu said.

Negreanu was nominated for Poker’s Hall of Fame in both 2009 and 2010 but wasn’t eligible this year thanks to a new rule that sets the minimum age for induction at 40.

7 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

PF_Simon
PF_Simon Gold 3
3706d ago

Negreanu has been ripping on Annie Duke since a comment she made in the past about she was the best female player in the world(self proclamation). I hate Duke anyway so I might be biased but I don't think she's the best female poker at all.

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3706d ago

Negreanu is clearly more universally appreciated, but Annie Duke has a love-hate relationship with her fans. She's well known outside of poker too.

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
3705d ago

There has to be another reason that Negreanu dislikes her so much. There's something personal she must have done to him.

1 Comments »
Posted by zzbigstackzz on 10/12/2011 2:13PM [ Reply ]

Check out this article on their feud over the years http://www.pokerlistings.com/blog/great-poker-rivalries-daniel-negreanu-vs-annie-duke. From what I read it seems like Negreanu just doesn't like Annie as a poker player and is pretty petty and childish about voicing it.

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3705d ago

I always just thought that Annie Duke was a b**** to him when he was young, an probably a lot of other players, and he's been holding a grudge. I don't like Duke either, I mean I don't know her but from what I've gathered she doesn't seem like a person I would get along with. But it is pretty childish the way he posted all those comments online. And what is Howard Lederer thinking? I have a ton of sisters and if any guy called one of them the "c" word on the record like that, well I'd have to climb the water tower. Even if you know he's right you can't let that slide.

77timmy1986
77timmy1986 Silver 2
3705d ago

Axis what the hell does climbing the water tower mean? I can guess that it means stand up for your sister, but you have to explain that phrase to me lol.

axistilt23
axistilt23 Silver 2
3705d ago

I wasn't sure if people would know what that meant, it's a term that I learned growing up. Let me explain, In small desert towns the most visible structure in the area is always the water tower. So when someone is talking about your sister all around town we liken that to painting something negative on the water tower, because everyone can see it. So as a brother it's up to you to, theoretically, climb the water tower and paint over the public smear. In essence it means you have to fight the culprit and stop him from besmirching your sister's name. Hence the phrase, climb the water tower. Hope that cleared it up, I recommend you all try to use it in a sentence this week and report back on the topic.

1 Comments »
Posted by 77timmy1986 on 10/13/2011 2:24PM [ Reply ]

haha that's hilarious. What a great saying!

steel69
steel69 Bronze 3
3704d ago

It's Official!!!! Hockey no has the worst hall of fame!!!!! Sure she is well known but what has she really done in poker that the world can say wow?  I know that in 2004 the world could say WOW at what Daniel did in the poker world. Also, if Pete Rose can get banned for life why can't poker players get banned for life for being thieves? Who is in charge of the annual poker hall of fame? If her peers voted her in than maybe it would be more exceptable!!

PF_pitboss