Isildur1 signing already pumping up games on PokerStars

In the surprise move this week, PokerStars announced the signing of Isildur1 to their pro roster.  They are witholding his true identity for promotional purposes until around the PCA in early January.

Yesterday, Phil Galfond immediately sat down to welcome and play a few tables of $25/50 PLO with Isildur1.

Right now there are 6 full tables of $25/$50 PLO (with a waiting list at each one) with Isildur1 holding court with the likes of theASHMAND103, urnotindanger, LuckyGump, arbianight and others.

PTR has him up $60k, so maybe he's off to a good start.

5 Responses

Sort Responses by [ Oldest First - Newest First - Most Popular ]

Got something to say? Click here to Add a Response!

sfnwht
sfnwht Silver 3
3973d ago

Business did seem to pick up last night on the omaha tables.  I was watching one table that was playing 3 handed for quite awhile , Isildur1 - LuckyGump and gavs101, it even went headsup for abit.  One thing you can't help but notice is his willingness to gamble.  Not in the typical way that most of us are used too from playing freerolls and low buyins, but more in the spirit of the game.  Big risks = big rewards.

Last updated: 12/09/2010 10:29AM
PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3973d ago

He played for many hours yesterday and built up some very big stacks (e.g. 180k at a $5k buyin table).  HSB has him up between $250-$300k yesterday, a huge success considering he was playing $25/$50 PLO

SmokeDaAces
SmokeDaAces Silver 2
3973d ago

I hear dhe had a great session up a couple hundred thousand. Must be nice :) I guess he is on the comeback and in full force! Go Isildur1!!!!

PF_pitboss
PF_pitboss Platinum 3
3969d ago

After his big day of winning near $300k, he has been tanking since.  Losing more than $300k to Phil Galfond and losing another 60k to be down over $120k since his start on Stars.  How long can he lose and be a hit for Stars?

motriuc
motriuc Silver 1
3967d ago

iseldur1 just because he have a lot a money in his cashier means he is a good poker player or at least medium

PF_pitboss